Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Should I trust a local beauty school for waxing/haircuts/dye?

I know this is a pretty good school, and it is run by a local community college, but I was wondering if I would be putting much risk into it. They offer cheap services so that students can practice, but these aren't new students. Do you think it would be too much of a risk to do the whole haircut/dye thing at this beauty school? Any opinions?Should I trust a local beauty school for waxing/haircuts/dye?
you have to check out their student:teacher ratio. if the ratio is too low, forget it.


i've tried the my local student services at a well known hairdressing school for rebonding plus cut. it turned out well, but the time i spent there was like 3 times the time i would have spent at their normal salon with a senior stylist. just my haircut took 1 and a half hours... can you believe it?Should I trust a local beauty school for waxing/haircuts/dye?
****************************************鈥?br>

You can trust them for some things


The risks you shouldn't take are-





-under arm waxing


(a wrong stroke might give you lumps under your arms)


-hair dyeing..you might not get the desired color and effect
There are horror stories out there.....I wouldn't do it if I were you.
NO! They're such noobs.
You can trust them a teacher is always by their side in case of errors.
you'd prob be safe going to a gay guy at one of them. don't they have like magic powers when it comes to that sort of stuff?
There are horror stories and great stories...but there are at salons too. I was once sent to a colloege to have my hair cut and coloured for a play I was doing...the students were well into their course and seemed very good, but more to the point they had a group of teachers monitoring them and helping out where necessary.





The onlt way for students to become good hairdressers etc. is to learn by doing.


It's worth a shot. If you don't like it, you haven't wasted much money and your hairstyle will be temporary anyway.
it depends..you can go in there %26amp; ask that only a senior does your hair....





do you know anyone who knows someone that might go there??





or ask if anyone has had their hair done there %26amp; ask who did it if it turned out good %26amp; wasnt long ago..

No comments:

Post a Comment